Highly reputable, family-owned optometric practice with a progressive doctor and team seeking an Optometric Technician who is self-motivated and service-oriented. Must be positive, professional, dependable and punctual. Has the ability to assess patient needs while ensuring a meaningful patient experience. Computer and communication skills are a must! We are a team-oriented practice that is built on staff unity, individual character and coworkers that help and respect each other all while striving to exceed the expectations of our patients.
Performs any combination of the following tasks to assist optometrist and patient:
* Obtains and records patient’s preliminary case history
* Computer proficiency required and the confidence in the ability to learn our EMR program
* Prepares patients for visual examination, assists in testing for near and far acuity, depth perception, color perception, visual field, utilizing ocular testing equipment.
* Is proficient or willing to learn use of a Keratometer, Visual Field Analyzer, I-Care, Auto-refractor, Lensometer, RHA and OCT
* Is proficient or willing to learn refracting, Goldman tonometry and use of the slit lamp
* Scribes for the optometrist
* Is proficient in contact lens insertion and removal, as well as teaching contact lens insertion and removal
* Answers phones and schedules appointments as necessary
* Sets up referrals for patients needing surgery or specialized care
Experience not necessary.
Experience preferred, but not necessary.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com